Tuesday, April 8, 2008

ANIMALS AND COLORs!

From color matters dot com I learned that Bees and Butterflies can see colors that humans can't see! They can see a range of colors that extend into the ultraviolet! A pit viper actually feels heat for objects and actually doens't see anything at all, which to me would be scary. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't see anything at all, I appreciate my eyeballs.
For animals that are on the land, like squirrels and monkey's they have really good color vision. The reasoning is because it helps them to pick out food thats ripe compared to unripe and even helps them find their mates because color play a big part on that too. They can see way better than a cat or a dog, who can make out the colors but they are very dull.
example!
Here's what a human sees!
Photobucket


And this is what your dog would see.
Photobucket

I got those two pictures from colormatters.com too -- I really like this website because so far today it has taught me a few things that I would never have known unless someone told me. And thank god it is all actually interesting stuff.
check it out!

No comments: