Sunday, September 9, 2007

My First Critiquing Assignment

Describe: In the image that I picked, there are all sorts of different colors exploding in the viewers face. It also looks as if there are soft exploding clouds all the way to the right, and it gives me a cluttered feeling.
Interpret: I feel like the artist wanted to to look noisy. In the middle there is a shape that seems to suggest the shape of a horn, which right beneath it creates a shadow. I think that's neat because it makes that ONE item, the only REAL item in the picture seem more REAL. All the shapes are colliding together and it keeps making me think of a car accident. Everytime I look at it my eye moves from some weird gold shape all the way in the left, and the lines and colors move my eyes all the way up to the right where you can see something that resembles a cloud. More of like an explosive, uncomfortable, cluttered feeling.
Evaluate: I think that the artist did a good job with making the artwork color and shapes collide to give a messy feeling. But it's not something I like, mostly because I don't like the way it makes me feel and it's not really my style.

No comments: