Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My Last Blog =(

Today is the last day of class, and I presented my perverted children's story. I pretty much got the reaction I was hoping to get, the ending was sad and I really wanted people to be shocked by it. The theme throughout my book was exaggerated and colorful, I wanted everything to pop off the page. The only problem with the book is that I actually never got a chance to create the cover, so you know where the book begins and ends, since it is a 2 sided accordian book. The reason I made my book perverted was to stress all of the innuendos and subliminal messages hidden in children's book's and television shows. A good example of a book title that seems almost innappropriate is "There's a Wocket in My Pocket," by Dr. Seuss. I was trying to portray something almost like him, to have the whole book have a flowing rhyme, and too make it sound almost innappropiate - and to have the pictures portray that also.
I am really pleased with the outcome of my book, but if I was to do it again I would definitely change a few things. I would want it to look more professional, and printed out instead of the cut-out theme I used throughout the book.
This definitely isn't the end of that book, I know that there are still a lot of things it could definitely use, so when I get bored I'm probably going to work more on it.

But yea, that's about it. Thanks for making class a good time Brian, and I hope you have a good summer!

*Niya

No comments: